Lamb Palak HT Indian
Vegetables Main Course Curry Curries Gluten Wheat Dairy
4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 Onions, sliced
1 teasp Ginger Purée
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 teasp Chilli Powder
1 teasp Salt
1 teasp Garam Masala
450g/1lb Lean Lamb
350g/12oz Fresh Spinach
1 Large Red Capsicum (sweet pepper)
2 Green Chillies, chopped
2 tbsp Freshly chopped Coriander
1. Cut the mean into 5cm/2inch cubes. Cut the peppers in half,
remove the seeds and chop.
2.. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onions and fry for 5-10 minutes until browned.
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the ginger, garlic, chili powder, salt and
4. Once the onions are brown, raise the heat and add the lamb. Stir fry for 2-3
minutes then add the spice mixture and mix well.
5. Add the water and bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes stirring from time to time.
6. Meanwhile, wash the spinach under cold running water, removing any very thick stalks. Place in a large pan with only the water which remains clinging to the leaves. Cover and cook for a few minutes, shaking the pan from time to time, until the spinach is just wilted. Set aside.
7. After the 30 minute cooking time, remove the lid from the lamb and if there is any liquid left, boil rapidly to evaporate.
8. Add the spinach to the lamb and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
9. Add the capsicum, chilies and chopped coriander and continue to cook, stirring for a
further 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately.