Naan Bread Veg HT
Makes 4 Hot Vegetarian
Ind India Asia Asian
1 teasp Dried Yeast
2 tbsp Warm Milk
1 teasp Sugar
225g/8oz Plain Flour
1 teasp Baking Powder
1/4 teasp Salt
60ml/2fl.oz. Natural Yoghurt
1 Egg, beaten
2 tbsp Melted Butter
1 tbsp Freshly chopped Coriander
1. In a small bowl, mix together the
yeast, warm milk and sugar and leave until frothy.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt
into a large mixing bowl, make a well in the centre then pour in the cold milk,
yogurt, egg, half the melted butter and the
frothy yeast mixture.
3. Mix all the ingredients together well
and knead thoroughly.
4. Cover the bowl with oiled clingfilm
and put in a warm place to prove and double in size.
5. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas
mark 6 and lightly grease two baking trays.
6. Turn the dough onto a floured surface
and divide into four equal pieces.
7. Lightly knead each piece and roll out into oval shapes approximately 20cm/8 inches long by 12cm/5 inches wide.
8. Place on the greased trays, sprinkle a
little chopped coriander over the
top of each naan and bake for 10-15 minutes. Serve hot.
If you're more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most
comprehensive weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid
ingredients and liquids - so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your
to go to the chart.