Pork Vindaloo HT Indian MC
Curries Ind India Asia
2 Large Onions, sliced
6 Garlic Cloves, sliced
4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
450g/1lb Lean Pork, cut into 2.5cm/1 inch
1/2 teasp Paprika
1/2 teasp Turmeric
1 teasp Fenugreek Seeds
25g/1oz Fresh Ginger, chopped
2 Green Chilies, chopped
1 teasp Salt
1-1/2 teasp Garam Masala
2 Bay Leaves
1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onions and garlic and fry gently until softened.
2. Raise the heat then add the pork and seal quickly on all sides.
3. Add the paprika, turmeric, fenugreek seeds, ginger, chilies, salt and water to the pan, stir well, cover and simmer gently for 30 -40 minutes until the meat is tender.
4. Meanwhile, soak the tamarind in water for 30 minutes to form a pulp.
5. Uncover the pan, bring to the boil and continue to cook until most of the water has evaporated. Add the remaining spices and tamarind pulp and cook over a very low heat for a further 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.