Prawn Pathia HT Indian MC
Curry Curries Gluten Wheat Free
Eggless Ind India Asia Asian
2 Large Onions, sliced
4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
50g/2oz Coarse Grade Desiccated Coconut
1 teasp Chilli Powder
2 teasp Paprika
2 Bay Leaves
2.5cm/1 inch stick Cinnamon
1 teasp Garam Masala
2 teasp Fenugreek
25g/1oz Fresh Ginger, thinly sliced
100g/4oz Tomato Purée
300ml/10fl.oz. Natural Yoghurt
450g/1lb Fresh Shelled Prawns
1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onions and fry until golden brown.
2. Add the coconut and continue to cook until lightly coloured then stir in the chilli powder, paprika, cinnamon, bay leaves, garam masala, fenugreek and ginger. Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
3. Stir in the tomato purée and yogurt. Add a little water if necessary to make the sauce the consistency of a thick yoghurt then bring to the boil.
4. Reduce the heat and add the prawns. Mix well, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. If the sauce is too liquid after that time, remove the lid and allow some of the water to evaporate. Serve hot.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.