Sew Aian Veg
CD Indian DP 20mins plus chilling
Pasta Nuts Desserts
Puddings Ind India Asia Asian
8 Cardamoms, crushed
8 Cloves, crushed
50g/2oz Chopped Almonds
50g/2oz Pistachios Nuts, coarsely chopped
2 teasp Rose Water
1. Melt the butter in a pan, add the cardamoms and cloves and fry gently for 2 minutes.
2. Add the vermicelli and sauté until golden, being careful not to break it up.
3. Add the milk, and stir thoroughly but gently, cover and simmer over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring from time to time and always being careful not to break up the vermicelli.
4. When the milk has almost been absorbed, add the sugar, almonds, pistachios and rose water and mix well. Continue to cook until the milk has evaporated.
5. Transfer to a serving dish, allow to cool, then chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.