Tali Kaleja (Liver)
Hot Offal Main Course
Curry Curries Gluten
Wheat Dairy Free Eggless Ind India Asia Asian
1/2 teasp Chilli Powder
1/2 teasp Turmeric
1/2 teasp Black Pepper
1/2 teasp Ground Ginger
1/2 teasp Salt
225g/8oz Lambs' Liver
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Small Onion, thinly sliced
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
1. Wash the liver and pat dry with
kitchen paper then cut into 6mm/1/4 inch
2. In a bowl, mix together the turmeric,
chili powder, black pepper, ginger and salt
together with enough water to make a paste.
3. Rub this paste into the liver slices
and set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a pan add the onions
and fry gently until golden brown.
5. Add the liver and garlic, mix well
then cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.