Serves 4 Hot Lamb Spices Herbs
Vegetables Main Course Eggless Albania Europe
450g/1lb Minced Lamb
½ an Onion, grated or very finely chopped
4 tbsp Feta Cheese, coarsely crumbled
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
3 tbsp Freshly Chopped Mint
1 tbsp Freshly Chopped oregano
½ teasp Ground Cinnamon
Salt and Pepper
Flour for coating
Oil for shallow frying
1. Place all ingredients apart from the flour and oil in a large mixing bowl and
mix with your hands until well blended.
2. Using damp hands, shape the meat mixture into balls about the size of a large
walnut or into small cylinders.
3. Coat each ball with flour, shaking the excess off.
4. Heat about 6mm/ ¼ -inch of vegetable oil in a very large saucepan until very
hot then add the meatballs, well spaced apart and cook for about 5 minutes,
turning once or twice until well browned on all sides.
5. Reduce the heat and continue to cook, turning from time to time, for a
further 5-8 minutes.
Lamb Recipes |
More Meatball Recipes | General
Lamb Preparation & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily.
Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.