Arnaki Fricassee me Maroulia HT
MC Greek 85mins
Serves 4 Hot Lamb
Vegetables Stew Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy
Free Greece Europe Mediterranean
1kg/2.2lb boned lamb shoulder or leg of Lamb
600ml/20fl.oz. Hot Water
3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
Salt and White Pepper
6 Spring Onions, coarsely chopped
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 Cos Lettuces, coarsely chopped
1 heaped tbsp Freshly chopped Dill
For the Avgolemono Sauce
3 Egg Yolks
The Juice of 2 Lemons
Approx. 360ml/12fl.oz. Fresh Stock
1. Cut the boned meat into serving-size pieces and trim excess fat. Rinse and
pat dry with kitchen paper.
2. Heat the oil in a large wide saucepan, add the meat with the chopped onion
and sauté gently for a few minutes.
3. Add the hot water, mix well and simmer for about 1 hour, or until the lamb
4. Add the lettuce, dill, salt and pepper to the lamb, and cook for a further
5. Meanwhile, place the egg yolks in a saucepan over a very low heat and
whisk for two minutes.
6. Continue whisking whilst your gradually add the lemon juice.
7. Gradually whisk in the hot stock: the amount of stock depends on how thick
you want the sauce. Do not boil.
8. To serve - pour the sauce over the meat, rotating the saucepan, heat
gently for 1-2 minutes and serve immediately.
Lamb Recipes | General
Lamb Preparation & Cooking Times |