Cape Malay Lamb Curry
HT MC South African 160mins
Hot Lamb Meat Vegetables Spices
Herbs Fruit Main Course Dairy Free S. Africa
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
900g/2lb boneless Shoulder of Lamb, cut into 2.5cm/1-inch cubes
2 large Onions, chopped
3 teasp Mild Curry Powder
1 teasp Turmeric
1 level teasp Ground Cinnamon
2 whole Cloves, lightly crushed
2 Bay Leaves, crumbled
2 Carrots, sliced
225g/8oz Dried Apricots
120ml/4fl.oz. Wine Vinegar
2 bananas, cut into thick slices
1. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan until hot, add the meat and quickly
brown on all sides.
2. Add the onions and sauté until softened and transparent.
3. Add the curry powder, turmeric, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper and bay
leaves and fry for 1 minute then add the carrots and apricots, season with salt
and mix well.
4. Pour in the vinegar and stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat,
cover and simmer for 2 hours.
5. Add the sliced bananas and continue to cook for a further 15 minutes.
Lamb Recipes | General
Lamb Preparation & Cooking Times |
| More South
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.