Lamb & Aubergine Patties
HT MC 40mins
Serves 4 Hot Lamb Meat Vegetables Herbs
1 Medium Aubergine (Eggplant)
Salt and Pepper
25g/1oz Fresh Breadcrumbs
1 tbsp Freshly chopped Oregano
1 Garlic Clove, minced
2 tbsp freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
450g/1lb Minced Lamb
3 tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tomatoes, halved widthways
75g/3oz Grated Cheese such as Cheddar or Monterey Jack
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6. Cut the unpeeled aubergine
crosswise into 4 thick slices, place in a colander and sprinkle liberally with
salt. Allow to stand in the sink or on a plate for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, crack the egg into a large mixing bowl and beat well.
3. Add the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic and Parmesan cheese mix
well then add the lamb and mix together with your hands until well blended.
4. Shape the lamb mixture into 4 patties about the same size and shape as
aubergine slices. Set aside.
5. Rinse the aubergine slices under cold running water then dry well on kitchen
6. Heat the oil in a large frying pan until very hot, add the aubergine slices
and brown well on both sides.
7. Transfer the browned aubergine slices to a shallow roasting, place a raw lamb
patty on each then top each with a tomato half.
8. Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese evenly over the top and bake for 20-25
minutes or until the lamb is cooked and the cheese is golden and bubbling.
Serving Suggestions :
Lamb Recipes | General
Lamb Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.