Lemon Lamb HT MC Egyptian 90mins
Serves 4 Hot Lamb Spices
Nuts Fruit Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
Egypt North Africa Nth African
225g/8oz Onion, finely chopped
6 Garlic Cloves, crushed
50g/2oz Chopped Almonds
The grated rind and juice of 1 Lemon
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 teasp Ground Coriander
Salt and Pepper
450g/1lb Lamb, cut into 2.5cm/1-inch cubes
1. Place the onion, garlic, almonds, lemon rind and juice, oil, coriander, salt
and pepper in a food processor, and process until smooth.
2. Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish, add the lamb, turn to coat well then
cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. At the end of the marinating time, heat a heavy non-stick pan, add the lamb
mixture including the marinade and cook for about 5 minutes until all the liquid
has evaporated and the oil starts to separate.
4. Add enough water to just cover the lamb, bring to simmering point then cover
and simmer for about 60 minutes until lamb is tender.
5. Place some lemon slices on to of the meat, re-cover and immediately remove
the pan from the heat. Leave to stand for a few minutes before serving hot over
Lamb Recipes | General
Lamb Preparation & Cooking Times |
| More Egyptian Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.