Mocha Lamb Casserole
HT MC 120mins
Serves 4 Hot Lamb Meat Vegetables
Spices Herbs Eggless
675g/1½ lb Should of Lamb, cut into 5cm/2-inch cubes
50g 2oz Plain Flour
Salt and Pepper
3 tbsp Olive Oil
2 Onions, sliced
25g / 1oz Butter
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
600ml/20fl.oz. Fresh Lamb Stock
200ml/7 fl oz strong filter coffee
1 teasp Ground Cinnamon
1 Bay Leaf
½ teasp Vanilla Extract
50g / 2 oz Dark Chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
1. Preheat the oven to 170C, 325F, Gas Mark 3. Season the flour with salt and
pepper then toss the lamb in the flour to coat well.
2. Heat the oil in a large, oven-proof casserole and fry the lamb until well
browned on all sides. Do this in batches so as not to overcrowd the pan and add
more oil between batches if necessary. Transfer the meat with a slotted spoon to
a large plate to catch any juices.
3. Melt the butter in the casserole dish and fry the onions and garlic for 3-5
minutes until golden brown.
4. Return the lamb to the pan then our in the stock and coffee, mix well and
bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
5. Add the cinnamon, bay leaf, and vanilla extract, mix well then cover and cook
in the oven for 1 ½ hours.
6. Just before serving, add the grated chocolate to the lamb and stir until it
Lamb Recipes | Lamb