Couscous HT MC Tunisian
Serves 4-6 Hot Lamb
Vegetables Main Course Dairy free Eggless Tunisia Nth Africa North African
900g/2lb Shoulder or leg of Lamb, cubed
2 Large Onions, chopped
4 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
2 teasp Harissa (or more to taste)
3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
2 small Capsicums (sweet pepper), chopped
2 Turnips, chopped
4 Carrots, chopped
400g/14oz Potatoes, diced
400g/14oz Couscous, cooked
Freshly chopped Parsley
2 Lemons, cut into wedges
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the lamb and onions and brown on all
2. Add the tomato paste and Harissa and cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
3. Add the peppers mixing well then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add the remaining vegetables plus enough water to cover by 7.5cm/3 inches and
continue to cook for a further 1 hour.
5. Serve over the cooked couscous garnished with the chopped parsley and lemon
Lamb Recipes | General
Lamb Preparation & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.