Summer Lamb Casserole
herbs Main Course
175g/8oz Button Onions
1 tbsp Oil
1kg/2.2lb Middle Neck Lamb Chops
4 New Carrots, halved
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 tbsp Plain Flour
3 Tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
Salt and Black Pepper
45g/1lb New Potatoes
50g/2oz Green Beans, cut into short
1. Heat the butter and oil in a flameproof casserole, add the onions and fry for
5 minutes, turning from time to time. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Reheat the oil until very hot then add the lamb and brown quickly on all
3. Add the carrots and garlic to the meat and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the flour over the meat and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes then add the
tomatoes, tomato paste, stock, bouquet garni, salt and pepper. Mix well, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Peel the potatoes and add to the pan together with the onions, beans and peas.
Cover and continue to cook for a further 10-15 minutes. Serve hot.