Grilled Chorizo & Avocado Sandwiches
Serves 2 Cold Pork Vegetables
2 ciabatta rolls, cut down the middle
1-2 red chillies (optional)
1 Hass avocado, peeled and sliced
1 large, very ripe tomato, sliced
Juice of half a lime
A large handful rocket
2 tbsp mayonnaise
Pinch of sugar
1. Slice the chorizo into thin rounds and fry for about 5-8 minutes over a
medium heat until fat has been released and the chorizo has browned.
2. Remove the chorizo from the pan and then press the cut side of the ciabatta
rolls into the fat and cook over a high heat until the rolls are lightly
3. If you are using the chilli, place it in the pan whole and cook for another 5
minutes, turning, until it is blackened in places. Roughly chop, discarding the
4. Spread mayonnaise on the bottom of the sandwich, season with a grinding of
black pepper, a tiny pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar. Lay down the slices of
tomatoes, followed by the avocado. Squeeze over a little lime onto the avocado,
top with rocket
and then finally the chorizo, and chillies if you are using.
5. Press the top half of the bread down firmly on the sandwich and eat at once.