Serves 4 Hot Vegetables Snack Eggless
Canada Nth America North American
4 large Potatoes
Vegetable oil for deep frying
270ml/9fl.oz. Beef Gravy
275g/10oz Cheese Curds
1. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 180C/350F.
2. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut into medium sized chips (fries).
3. Once hot, fry the chips in the oil for about 5 minutes, until golden brown
and crisp on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. You may have to cook
the chips in batches. Drain on kitchen paper
4. Meanwhile, place the gravy in a saucepan and heat through. This should be a
thickened beef gravy.
5. To serve - place the fries on a serving platter, sprinkle the cheese evenly
over the chips then ladle the gravy over the top. Serve immediately.
Add shredded cooked chicken
Substitute the cheese curds with shredded mozzarella cheese
Substitute marinara sauce for gravy.