Calves Liver Kasha
HT MC Russian 30mins
Serves 4 Hot Offal
Grains Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Free Russia Europe
3 tbsp Cooking fat or Lard
150g/+5oz Calves Liver, chopped
2 Hard Boiled Eggs, finely chopped
1. Place the buckwheat in a medium saucepan, cover with cold water, season with
salt, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes
or until the buckwheat is tender. Drain well in a colander then spread out on a
large plate and allow to dry out.
2. Heat the fat in a large pan, add the liver and fry for 5 minutes, stirring
3. Add the dried kasha and continue to fry, stirring constantly for a further 5
4. Add the eggs to the buckwheat mixture and continue to fry for 2-3 minutes.
Types of Offal
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.