Lisbon Liver HT
MC Portuguese 35mins plus marinating
Portuguese name: Iscas
Serves 4 Hot Offal Pork
Alcohol Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free
Eggless Portugal Europe
60ml/2fl.oz. Dry White Wine (check manufacture)
2 tbsp Vinegar
4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 Bay Leaf
Salt and Black Pepper
675g/1 ˝ lb Lamb's Liver, thinly sliced
Olive oil for shallow frying
50g/2oz Bacon, chopped
1. Place the wine, vinegar, garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl
and mix well. Add the liver, turn to coat then cover with clingfilm and
refrigerate for 24 hours.
2. Remove the liver from the bowl (reserving the marinade) and pat dry on
3. Heat enough olive oil in a large frying pan to just cover the bottom of the
pan, add the liver and the bacon, and sauté over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes
on each side or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
4. Add the marinade to the pan, bring to the boil then boil rapidly for a few
minutes to reduce.
5. To serve – transfer the liver and bacon to a serving dish and pour the sauce
over the top.
Types of Offal
Recipes with Alcohol
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.