Liver Milanese HT
MC Italian 25mins
Serves 4 Hot Offal Pasta Herbs Main Course
Eggless Italy Europe
Salt and Pepper
225g/8oz Short Cut Macaroni
450g/1lb Calves Liver, sliced
4 tbsp Flour
½ teasp Dried Oregano
3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
50g /2oz Melted Butter
50g /2oz Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Bring the water to the boil in a large saucepan then add plenty of salt and
the pasta and cook for 10-15 minutes, until just tender.
2. Meanwhile, place the milk in a shallow dish then add the liver slices and
turn to coat on all sides.
3. Season the flour with salt, pepper and the oregano, mixing well, then spread
evenly on a large plate.
4. Remove the liver from the milk. allow the excess to drip off then dip the
liver in the seasoned flour, shaking off any excess.
5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan until hot, then add the liver slices and
fry for about 3 minutes each side.
6. Drain the macaroni well then return to the pan together with the butter and
parmesan cheese and mix well.
7. To serve – dived the macaroni mixture between four warmed plates and top with
the fried liver. Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestions :
Types of Offal
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.