Kidneys HT MC
4 Hot Offal Vegetables Alcohol Main Course
12-14 Lambs' Kidneys
1 Onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp Plain Flour
240ml/8fl.oz. Lamb or Chicken Stock
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Cut the kidneys in half horizontally then remove the white cores with a pair
2. Melt half the butter in a large frying pan, add the kidneys and fry gently
for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon, Cover with
aluminium foil and set aside.
3. Add the remaining butter to the pan, heat until hot then add the onion to the
pan and sauté for 5 minutes until soft and golden.
4. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, then gradually add
the stock and cook, stirring, until thickened.
5. Return the kidneys and any juices to the sauce together with the sherry, salt
and pepper, mix well and simmer gently for about 5 minutes, stirring from time
to time. Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestions :
Types of Offal
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.