Student Kidneys with Noodles
HT MC 25mins
Serves 4 Hot Offal Pasta Vegetables Herbs Main Course
25g/1oz Dried Noodles
Salt and Black Pepper
3 Lambs Kidneys, halved and cored
Plain Flour for coating
1 tablespoon Oil
¼ Onion, finely chopped
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
A handful of Mushrooms, sliced
150ml/5fl.oz. Lamb of Beef Stock
½ teasp Dried Mixed Herbs
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Meanwhile, coat the kidney halves with flour then
heat the oil in a large
frying pan until hot, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook for 5-7 minutes or until
3. Meanwhile, add the kidneys and mushrooms to the onion mixture and continue to
sauté for 3-4 minutes, turning the kidneys from time to time.
4. Gradually add the stock, mixed herbs, salt and pepper bring to the boil
stirring constantly, and
continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is slightly thickened.
5. To serve – drain the noodles well, transfer to a heated serving dish and top
with the kidneys. Serve immediately.
Student Recipes |
Student Cooking |
Pasta, Grains, Pulses, Rice Recipes | Vegetarian Recipes
Cooking Fresh Vegetables |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.