Baked Tripe HT
4 Hot Offal Vegetables
Eggless Ireland British Europe
675g/1 ½ lb
Tripe, cut into thin strips
2 tbsp Vinegar
2 tbsp Oil
Mushrooms, thickly sliced
1 Large Onion,
2 tbsp Plain
2 tbsp Tomato Purée
Salt and Black
Parsley to garnish
1. Place the tripe in a shallow dish. Add the oil and vinegar, mix well and leave to marinate for 30 minutes, turning
occasionally. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and lightly grease a shallow ovenproof dish.
2. Melt the butter in large frying pan, add the onions and mushrooms and sauté for
two or three minutes until just softening. Remove from the frying pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Stir the flour and tomato purée into the pan mixing well then add the stock, salt and pepper and blend thoroughly.
4. Place half the tripe in the greased dish, cover with a layer of the onions and mushrooms then sprinkle on half the breadcrumbs. Place the remaining tripe on top of this, then top the remaining onions and mushrooms.
5. Pour on the tomato sauce mixture over this and finally top with the remaining breadcrumbs. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes Serve garnished with chopped parsley.
Types of Offal
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.