Minced Chicken Salad with Pink Grapefruit
CD HD 35mins
Cold Poultry Fruit
Appetizer Starter Gluten Wheat dairy Free eggless Asian
4 chicken breasts
4 cloves of garlic, peeled
2 red chillies, deseeded
1 stalk of lemongrass
1" piece of ginger, peeled
2 kaffir lime leaves, stalks removed (optional)
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp fish sauce (check ingredients)
1 tsp sugar
2 spring onions, chopped
2 pink grapefruit
Juice of 1 lime
Handful each of fresh mint & coriander
2 Little Gem lettuces, to serve
1. Blitz the lemongrass, garlic, chilli, ginger and kaffir leaves together,
remove from the blender and add the chicken and blitz into small pieces.
2. Heat up the oil and add the blitzed aromatics, and then the chicken, cook for
5 minutes, then add the fish sauce, a squeeze of grapefruit and lime juice,
sugar and season.
3. Continue cooking for 5 minutes add the onion, cook for another minute then
take off the heat and cool.
4. Finally mix in the herbs and the grapefruit segments, then serve with the
little gem leaves to scoop up.
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.