Figs With Monterey & Chorizo
HT HD 15mins
Serves 4 Hot Pork Fruit
Hors d’oeuvre Starter Appetizer Eggless
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 teasp Wholegrain mustard
Salt and Black Pepper
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
150g/+5oz Chorizo Sausages, cut diagonally into 6mm/¼ inch slices
6 Fresh Figs, cut in half lengthways
50g/2oz Monterey Jack Cheese
1. In a small mixing bowl, blend together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt
and pepper until well mixed. set aside.
2. Add the sesame oil to a frying pan, heat until very hot then add the sausages
and cook on both sides until golden.
3. Push the sausage slices to the side of the pan then making sure the pan is
still very hot, add the figs, cut side down, and fry for 1 minute only.
4. To serve - arrange the watercress in the centre of individual serving plates,
top with the sausage, figs (3 halves per plate) and shavings of the cheese, then
drizzle the dressing over the top. Serve immediately.
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.