Prosciutto Roasted Figs
HT HD 30mins
Serves 4 Hot Pork Fruit Hors d’ouevre Starter Appetiser Eggless
12 small fresh Figs
25g/1oz Blue Cheese
6 slices Prosciutto, halved lengthwise
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and lightly oil 1 or 2 baking
2. Make a small slit in the side of each fig and stuff a very small piece of
cheese into the opening (about the side of a raisin).
3. Wrap a piece of Proscuitto around each stuffed fig and secure with a cocktail
4. Stand the figs on the baking sheet(s) and bake for 12 to 15 minutes so the
Prosciutto forms a skin around the figs.
5. Season with freshly ground black pepper serve hot or at room temperature.
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.