Chicken and Asparagus Vol Au Vent
HT PFC 30mins
Makes 12 Bouchées Hot Poultry Vegetables Alcohol Party
Food Canapés Puff Pastry Eggless
12 x 5cm/2” Cooked Vol au Vent Cases
For the filling
1 small Onion, finely chopped
6 Small Asparagus Spears, thinly sliced
2 tbsp Plain Flour
180ml/6fl.oz. Chicken Stock
100g/4oz Cooked chicken, diced
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas Mark 4. Heat the butter in a medium sized
saucepan, add the onions and asparagus and sauté gently for 3-4 minutes until
onions and asparagus are soft.
2. Stir in the flour and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Gradually add the stock, stirring constantly and cook over a medium heat
4. Stir in the sherry, chicken, salt and pepper, reduce heat and simmer for 1-2
5. Spoon the mixture into the cases, place on a baking tray and bake for 5-8
More Vol au Vent Recipes
Party Food Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.