Chicken and Mushroom Vol Au Vent
Makes 12 Bouchées Hot Poultry Vegetables Alcohol Herbs
Party Food Canapés Puff Pastry Eggless
12 x 5cm/2” Cooked Vol au Vent Cases
For the filling
100g/4oz Mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 tbsp Plain Flour
60ml/2fl.oz. White Wine
1 teasp Freshly Chopped Tarragon
Salt & Pepper
100g/4oz Cooked Chicken, finely chopped
1. Preheat the over to 180C, 350F,
Gas Mark 4. Heat the butter in a medium saucepan, add the mushrooms and sauté
for a few minutes until soft.
2. Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2
3. Gradually add the milk and wine, stirring constantly and cook over a medium
heat until thickened.
3. Add the cream, chicken, tarragon, salt and pepper and cook for a further 1-2
minutes stirring all the time.
4. Spoon the mixture into the cases, place on a baking tray and bake for 5-8
More Vol au Vent Recipes
Party Food Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.