Crayfish and Dill Vol Au Vent
Makes 12 Bouchées Hot Shellfish Seafood Vegetables
Food Canapés Puff Pastry
12 x 5cm/2” Vol-au-Vent cases
For the filling
2 tbsp Butter
1 Small Onions, finely chopped
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
Salt and black pepper
36 Cooked Crayfish (Crawfish) Tails
240ml/8fl.oz. Double Cream
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 heaped tbsp freshly chopped Dill
Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6. Heat the butter in a medium sized
frying pan over medium heat, then add the onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and continue to sauté for 1 minute then add the crayfish and
sauté for 2 minutes, turning from time to time.
3. Stir in the cream, bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minutes.
4. Stir in the dill and lemon juice then remove from the heat, spoon the mixture
into the cases and sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese, place on a baking
tray and bake for 5-8 minutes.
More Vol au Vent Recipes
Party Food Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.