Creamy Prawn Vol Au Vent
Makes 12 Bouchées Hot Shellfish Seafood Spices Party
Food Canapés Puff Pastry Eggless
12 x 5cm/2” Cooked Vol au Vent Cases
For the filling
36 Cooked Peeled Prawns, halved widthways
2 tbsp Plain Flour
1 teasp Paprika
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Melt butter in a medium
sized saucepan, add the flour and cook over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes,
2. Gradually add the milk stirring constantly, then add the wine and cook over a
medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
3. Add the cream, paprika, salt and pepper and cook for a further 1-2 minutes
stirring all the time.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the prawns.
5. Spoon the mixture into the cases, place on a baking tray and bake for 10 -12
minutes. Serve hot.
More Vol au Vent Recipes
Party Food Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.