Port & Mushroom Vol Au Vent
HT CD PFC
Makes 12 Bouchées Hot Vegetarian Vegetables
Herbs Alcohol Party Food Canapés Puff Pastry eggless
12 x 5cm/2” Vol-au-Vent cases
For the filling
2 Shallots, finely chopped
100g/4oz Mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 tbsp Plain Flour
180ml/6fl.oz. Vegetable Stock
1 teasp Freshly chopped Thyme
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Melt butter in a medium sized
saucepan, add the onions and mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes until
2. Sprinkle over the flour and cook over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes,
3. Gradually add the port and stock, stirring constantly, and cook over a medium
heat until thickened, stirring.
4. Add the thyme, salt and pepper and cook for a further 1-2 minutes stirring
all the time.
5. Spoon the mixture into the cases, place on a baking tray and bake for 10
minutes. Serve hot.
More Vol au Vent Recipes
Party Food Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.