Prune Polenta Canapés
Veg HT PFC 20mins plus chilling
Makes 18 Hot Vegetarian Fruit
herbs Appetiser Buffet Party
720ml/24fl.oz. Water or Stock
100g/4oz Dried Prunes, finely chopped
75g/3oz Blue cheese, crumbled e.g. Danish Blue, Roquefort, Gorgonzola
1 tbsp freshly chopped Parsley
1. Lightly oil a 22cm/9-inch square baking tin. Set aside.
2. Place the water or stock, salt and pepper in a large saucepan and bring to
the boil then slowly pour in the polenta, stirring constantly, reduce the heat
and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until very thick.
3. Remove from the heat, then pour the mixture into the prepared tin spreading
the mixture evenly in pan.
4. Sprinkle the prunes and cheese evenly over polenta mixture in tin, pressing
the mixture lightly into polenta. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes or until
5. Preheat the grill to hot and line the grill pan with aluminium foil.
6. Cut the polenta into 9 squares and then halve each square diagonally to form
7. Arrange the polenta in the line grill pan then grill about 4 to 5 inches from
heat source for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt and is lightly
8. Transfer the triangles to a wire rack and leave to stand for about 5 minutes
before transferring to a serving platter. Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.