Smoked Haddock Vol Au Vent
HT CD PFC
Makes 12 Bouchées Hot Cold Fish
Food Canapés Puff Pastry eggless
12 x 5cm/2” Vol-au-Vent cases
For the filling
2 tbsp Plain Flour
100g/4oz cooked Smoked Haddock, flaked
1 tbsp Freshly chopped Parsley
50g/2oz grated Cheese, such as Cheddar
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Melt the butter in a medium sized
saucepan, add the flour and cook over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring.
2. Gradually add the milk stirring constantly, and cook over a medium heat until
thickened, stirring constantly.
3. Add the haddock, parsley, cheese, salt and pepper and cook for a further 1-2
minutes stirring all the time.
4. Spoon the mixture into the cases, place on a baking tray and bake for 8-10
minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
More Vol au Vent Recipes
Party Food Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.