Sweetcorn Vol Au Vent
HT CD PFC
Makes 12 Bouchées Hot Vegetarian Vegetables
Party Food Canapés Puff Pastry eggless
12 x 5cm/2” Vol-au-Vent cases
For the filling
2 tbsp Plain Flour
1 tbsp ready made Mustard
50g/2oz Grated Cheddar Cheese
75g/3oz Sweetcorn Kernels (fresh, tinned or frozen)
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Melt butter in a small saucepan,
add the flour and cook over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring.
2. Gradually add the milk stirring constantly and cook over a medium heat until
3. Add the mustard, cheese, sweetcorn, salt and pepper and cook for a further
1-2 minutes stirring all the time.
4. Spoon the mixture into the vol-au-vent cases, place on a baking tray and bake
for 8-10 minutes. Serve hot.
More Vol au Vent Recipes
Party Food Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.