Student Haddock & Spinach Pasta HT
Serves 1 Hot Fish Herbs Vegetables Main
75g/3oz Short cut Pasta e.g. conchiglie (shells), Spirals
100g/4oz Smoked Haddock, skinned
Salt and Black Pepper
15g/ ˝ oz Butter
100g/4oz Baby Spinach Leaves
90ml/3fl.oz. Sour Cream
1 level tbsp freshly chopped Chives
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add plenty of salt and the pasta
and cook for 8-10 minutes until just tender.
2. Meanwhile, season the haddock with salt and pepper.
3. Melt the butter in a large frying pan, add the haddock and sauté over a
medium heat for about 2–4 minutes on each side until just cooked through. Remove
from the pan with a fish slice, flake into large pieces then cover with foil to
4. Add the spinach to the frying pan and cook for 1–2 minutes, stirring from
time to time, until just wilted.
5. Drain the pasta well then return to the saucepan together with the flaked
haddock, sour cream, chives, lemon juice, salt and stir gently over a low/medium
heat until well mixed and heated through. Serve immediately.
Pasta Recipes | More
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.