Quinoa with Potatoes Veg HT
Serves 4-6 Hot Vegetarian
Vegetables Grains Herbs Accompaniment
Gluten Wheat free
Peru Sth America South
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 Leeks, white part only, cut into rings
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 Green Capsicum (Sweet pepper), diced
1 Red Capsicum (Sweet pepper), diced
180ml/6fl.oz. Semi Skimmed Milk
225g/8oz Cooked Quinoa
150g/+5oz Smoked Cheddar Cheese, grated
450g/1lb Potatoes, unpeeled and diced
Salt and pepper to taste
2 teasp Fresh Thyme leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and oil a large
2. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the leeks and
sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring, until tender.
3. Add the garlic and continue to cook for one minute then add the
peppers, mix well, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring from time to
time, until peppers are just tender.
4. Meanwhile, place the eggs and milk in a large mixing bowl and
beat well. Add the cooked quinoa, cheese, potatoes, cooked pepper mixture, salt,
pepper and thyme and mix well.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared gratin dish and bake for 40
to 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Serve hot.
Pasta, Pulse, Grains, Rice Recipes
| Vegetarian Recipes |
in Season |