Beans and Rice Veg HT
ACC Venezuela 35mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Pulses
Accompaniment Dairy free Eggless Venezuela Sth America South American
1 Onion, chopped
1 stick Celery, diced
1 Red Capsicum (Sweet pepper), deseeded and chopped
225g/8oz long-grain white Rice
420ml/14fl. oz. Vegetable Stock
1 teasp Ground Turmeric
1 teasp Dried Oregano
1 teasp Salt
400g/14oz Cooked Black Beans
1 teasp Chilli Powder
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes,
2. Add the celery, capsicum and rice and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes
3. Reduce the heat to low, add the stock, turmeric, oregano and salt, mix well,
cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and the liquid
absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with fork.
4. Meanwhile, put the black beans in another saucepan with a little water and
cook over a low heat, stirring from time to time, until heated through.
5. Once the rice is cooked, add the drained black beans. Sprinkle with chilli
pepper when serving.
Rice Recipes | Vegetarian Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.