Veg HT ACC Colombian 70mins
Colombian Name: Lentejas
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian
Vegan Pulses Vegetables Herbs Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
Colombia St. America South American
225g/8oz Green Lentils
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 Onions, finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
2 large Tomatoes, chopped
Salt and Black Pepper
A pinch of Sugar
1 tbsp Freshly chopped Coriander (cilantro)
1. Place the lentils in a large saucepan and cover with 2.5cm/1-inch of water.
Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and cook for 45 minutes or until they are
almost tender, depending on the type of lentils you use. Drain well and set
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté for 5
minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, sugar, and coriander, and simmer gently for
4. Add the drained lentils to the onion mixture and continue to cook gently for
a further 10 minutes, stirring from time to time. Serve hot.
Pasta, Pulses, Grains, Rice Recipes
| Vegetarian Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.