Fig and Wild Rice Salad
Veg CD ACC 50mins plus cooling
Serves 4 Cold Dried Fruit Nuts
Grains Vegetables Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
600ml/20fl.oz. Fresh Vegetable Stock
225g/8oz Wild Rice
50g/2oz Pecans, roughly chopped
75g/3oz Petit Pois (young green peas) (thawed or fresh but not cooked)
6 fresh Figs, chopped
60ml/2fl.oz. Orange Juice
The finely grated Zest from 1 Orange
1 teasp Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Place the rice in a medium saucepan, cover with the stock and bring to the
boil. Reduce the heat, cover and cook gently for about 30-40 minutes or until
the rice is tender and the stock has been absorbed. Check the instructions on
the packet as some wild rice cooks more quickly than others.
2. Whilst the rice is still hot, add the peas, pecans and sultanas and mix well.
Re-cover the pan and set aside to cool.
3. Once the rice has cooled, transfer to a serving bowl, add the figs and mix to
combine. Set aside.
4. In another bowl mix together the orange juice, zest, balsamic vinegar, olive
oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the dressing over the rice mixture, toss to coat well then adjust the
seasoning and allow to stand at room temperature for about two hours. Toss again
just before serving.
Pasta, Pulses, Grains, Rice Recipes
| Vegetarian Recipes |