Veg HT ACC Russian 35mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Grains
Vegetables Herbs Accompaniment Gluten Wheat free Russia Europe
175g/6oz Toasted Buckwheat
1 Egg, lightly beaten
5 tbsp Butter
1 large Onion, very finely chopped
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
480ml/16fl.oz. Fresh Vegetable Stock
Salt and Black Pepper
3 tbsp freshly chopped Parsley
2 tbsp Sour Cream
1. Place the buckwheat and egg in a small mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Heat a frying pan until hot then add the buckwheat mixture and cook over a
medium heat, stirring, for about 3 minutes, until the grains separate and the
mixture is dry. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a large saucepan then add the onion and
garlic and sauté until softened.
4. Add the buckwheat mixture and stock to the pan, season with salt and pepper,
cover, and simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes or until the kasha is tender
and the liquid has been absorbed.
5. Once the kasha is tender, stir in the parsley, and sour
cream. Serve hot.
Grains Recipes |
More Russian Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the
cup, we have the most comprehensive weight to cups conversion table
on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids - so now you can
easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.