Kiwi Bulgur Salad
Veg CD ACC 25mins plus cooling
Serves 4 Cold Vegetarian Vegetables
Fruit Herbs Accompaniment Eggless
2 tbsp Butter or Margarine
225g/8oz Bulgur Wheat
25g/1oz Mushrooms , sliced
480ml/16fl.oz. Strong Vegetable or Chicken Stock
4 Spring Onions (Scallions), sliced diagonally
100g/4oz Red Cabbage, finely shredded
2 Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
6 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp freshly chopped Mint
1. Melt the in butter in a medium saucepan, add the bulgur and mushrooms and
sauté for 2 minutes until golden.
2. Add the stock, bring to the boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15
minutes. Allow to cool.
3. Place all the ingredients for the mint dressing in a medium sized mixing
bowl, whisk together then add the spring onions and mix well.
4. Once cooked, place the bulgur in the centre of a serving platter, garnish
with the cabbage and kiwifruit then drizzle the spring onion dressing over the
Pasta, Pulses, Grains, Rice Recipes
| Vegetarian Recipes |
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.