Mushroom and Wild
Rice Pilaf Veg HT ACC
Serves 4-6 Hot Vegetarian Grains Vegetables Herbs
Accompaniment Gluten Wheat free Eggless Canada Nth America North American
225g/8oz Wild Rice
960ml/32fl.oz. Fresh Vegetable Stock
100g/4oz Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
1 Medium Onion, chopped
1 Stick Celery, chopped
1 heaped teasp freshly chopped Thyme
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
2 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
1. Place the wild rice, stock and salt in a large saucepan, bring to the boil
then reduce the heat, partially cover and simmer for 50 minutes or until the
rice is tender. Drain and keep warm.
2. Heat half the butter in a large frying pan , add the onion and celery and
sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Add the garlic and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes.
4. Add the onion mixture to the cooked rice together with the thyme, mix well
then cover and keep warm.
5. Heat the remaining butter in the frying pan, add the sliced mushrooms and
sauté for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
6 Add the mushrooms to the rice mixture together with the parsley, adjust the
seasoning if necessary and serve hot.
Pasta, Pulses, Grains, Rice Recipes
| Vegetarian Recipes |
in Season |