Myanmar Coconut Rice Veg HT
ACC 35mins plus standing
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Grains
Vegetables Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Free Burmese Burma Asia
300g/11oz Freshly Grated Coconut
2 tbsp Peanut Oil
350g/12oz Long Grain Rice
2 Onions, grated
1. Place the milk in a medium saucepan, bring to the boil then add the shredded
coconut. Mix well then remove form the heat, cover and leave to stand for 1
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the rice and onions and fry, stirring, for
about 3 minutes.
3. Add the rice mixture to the milk and coconut mixture, season with salt and
bring to the boil.
4. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer gently for 30 minutes, or until the rice
has absorbed all of the liquid, adding a little more milk or water if the
mixture becomes too dry before the rice is tender. Serve hot.
Pasta, Pulses, Grains, Rice Recipes
| Vegetarian Recipes |
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.