Bacon Chops with Apples
HT MC 25mins
Hot Pork Fruit Herbs Alcohol Main Course Eggless
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
4 Bacon chops
A large Knob of Butter
2 Apples, thickly sliced
2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
1 teasp Brown Sugar
1 teasp Cider Vinegar
1 tbsp English Mustard
1 teasp Fresh Thyme Leaves
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to low. Heat the oil in a large frying pan then add the
chops and sauté for 10-15 minutes, turning from time to time until well browned
on both sides. Remove from the pan with a pair of tongs and keep warm in the
2. Add the butter and the apples to the pan and cook for a 4-5 minutes, turning
once or twice, until just beginning to brown.
3. Add the garlic and sugar and continue to cook for a further 1 minute.
4. Stir in the cider, vinegar, mustard and herbs, bring to the boil then boil
for 3-4 minutes until the liquid is slightly reduced.
5. Serve the chops with the sauce poured over the top.
Serving Suggestions :
Pork/Bacon Recipes | General
Pork Preparation & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.