CD MC English 260mins plus chilling
Serves 6-8 Cold Pork Vegetables
Herbs Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
England British Europe
1 pig's head, halved
2 Pig's Trotters (feet)
3 Carrots, finely sliced
3 Shallots, finely sliced
2 Sticks of Celery, sliced
3 Bouquet Garni
Salt and Black pepper
The juice of 1 Lemon
1. Cut the cheeks and ears off the pig's head then place in a large
saucepan of boiling water together with the remaining ingredients, reduce the
heat, partially cover with a lid and simmer for 3-4 hours, skimming the scum
from the surface from time to time.
2. Check the meat is very soft by
pricking with a fork, it should be falling off the bones, then remove from the
heat and allow to cool in its cooking liquor.
3. Remove the head and trotters from the pan, reserving the cooking liquor, and
de-bone the head and trotters.
4. Cut the meaty parts into small
pieces and place in a bowl then pour in enough of the cooking liquor to
just cover the meat. Mix well and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
5. Cover with aluminium foil and
refrigerate for at least 12 hours until set. Serve sliced with salad.
Pork/Bacon Recipes | General
Pork Prep & Cooking Times |