Gammon with Apricot HT
Serves 4 Hot Pork Bacon Fruit Alcohol
Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
4 Gammon Steaks
The grated rind and Juice of 1 Lemon
2 tbsp Oil
Salt and Black Pepper
4 Fresh Apricots, stoned and chopped
1 teasp Freshly Grated Nutmeg
1. Preheat the grill to hot and line the grill pan with aluminium foil. With a
pair of scissors, snip the rind and fat up to the flesh at regular intervals so
that the steaks will stay flat during cooking.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the lemon rind, juice, oil, salt and pepper
until well blended then brush the mixture over both sides of the gammon and
grill for 6 - 8 minutes on each side.
3. Meanwhile, place the apricots and cider in a blender or food processor and
process until smooth.
4. Transfer the apricot mixture to a small saucepan together with the water,
nutmeg, salt and pepper, bring the sauce to the boil then reduce the heat and
simmer gently for 5 - 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
5. Transfer the gammon steaks to warmed serving plates and pour a little of the
sauce over the top of each steak.
Serving Suggestions :
Pork/Bacon Recipes | General
Pork Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.