Glazed Ham with
Pineapple HT MC English 180mins
Serves 6-8 Hot Pork Bacon
Fruit Spices Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
England British Europe
2.2kg/5lb Joint of Gammon
10 Whole Cloves
1 x 400g/14oz tin Pineapple Rings in heavy syrup
50g/2oz Dark Brown Sugar
8 Whole Maraschino Cherries
1. Stick the cloves into the ham and place in a large saucepan. Cover with cold
water, bring to the boil then reduce the heat, partially cover and cook for 2
hours. Make sure the water is only just bubbling as too fast cooking make the
2. Preheat the oven to 170C, 325F, Gas Mark 3 and drain the juice from the
pineapple rings into a medium bowl and stir in the brown sugar. Set aside.
3. Remove the ham from the saucepan, cut off the rind, score the fat into large
diamond shapes, place the ham in a deep roasting tin then coat all over with
half the sugar mixture.
4. Arrange the pineapple rings over the outside of the ham, place a maraschino
cherry in the centre of each pineapple ring, and secure with a toothpick.
5. Brush the remaining sugar mixture over the top of the ham and pineapple then
roast for 40-50 minutes, basting frequently.
A nice alternative at Christmas or Easter
Pork/Bacon Recipes | General
Pork Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.