Hampshire Haslett CD
MC English 140mins plus cooling
Serves 4–6 Cold Pork Herbs Main
Course Salads Salad England British Eggless
225g/8oz Stale White Bread, cubed
Milk or Water for soaking
900g/2lb Lean Minced Pork
1 Onion, chopped
1 teasp Freshly chopped Sage
Salt and plenty of Black Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5 and lightly grease a 2˝ - 3 lb.
2. Place the bread in a large mixing bowl and pour over enough milk or water to
almost cover. Leave to soak until just soft then squeeze out the excess
3. Add the pork, onion, sage and seasoning to the bread and mix well then
transfer to a food processor and process until well blended but not too pureed.
4. Transfer the mixture into the prepared loaf tin pressing down firmly and even
the top. Bake for 1˝ - 2 hours. Cover the top with aluminium foil if it
starts to brown too quickly.
5. Allow to cool slightly in the tin, then turn out and allow to cool
completely. Serve thinly sliced with salad and potatoes.
Pork/Bacon Recipes | General
Pork Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.