Hot Pickled Pork
HT MC Portuguese 60mins plus marinating
Portuguese name: Vinha D’alhos
Serves 4 Hot Pork
Vegetables Herbs Main Course Gluten
Wheat Dairy free Eggless Portugal Europe
900g/2lb Boneless Pork
360ml/12fl.oz. Red Wine Vinegar
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
4 Capsicums (sweet Peppers), deseeded and chopped
1 Bay Leaf
6 Whole Cloves
˝ teasp Thyme
˝ teasp Sage
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1. Cut the pork into 5cm/2-inch cubes and place in a mixing bowl together with
the vinegar, garlic, pepper, bay leaf, salt, cloves, thyme and sage. Mix well,
cover with clingfilm and place in the refrigerator to marinate for about 8
2. Transfer the pork together with the marinade to a large saucepan, bring to
the boil then reduce the heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring from time
3. Remove the pork from the saucepan with a slotted spoon, draining well.
4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the pork and sauté slowly for 10 to
15 minutes until browned on all sides. serve hot.
Pork/Bacon Recipes | General
Pork Preparation & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.