HT MC English 80mins
Serves 4 Hot Pork Bacon Vegetables
Fruit Herbs Alcohol Main Course
England British Europe
100g/4 oz Rindless Back Bacon, roughly chopped
1 Onion, roughly chopped
225g/8oz Cooking Apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
1 tbsp Freshly chopped Parsley
Salt and Pepper
1 level tbsp Plain Flour
150ml/5fl.oz. Medium Dry Cider
225g/8oz Shortcrust Pastry
1 Egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5. Place the bacon, onion, apples,
parsley salt and pepper in a mixing bowl, mix well then transfer to a
600ml/20fl.oz. pie dish.
2 Place the flour in a measuring, add a little of the cider and whisk to blend.
3. Gradually add the remaining cider,
whisking constantly then pour over the mixture in the pie dish.
4. Roll out the pastry to just over 6mm/ ¼-inch thickness.
5. Cut a thin strip long enough to go
around the rim of the pie dish then moisten the rim of the dish with water and
place the pastry strip on the rim, pressing down lightly .
6. Moisten the strip of pastry with a little of the beaten egg, then place the
remaining pastry on the top to form a lid, pressing to seal.
7. Knock up and flute the edges then
make a large diagonal cross in the centre on the pastry and fold the pastry back
(like petals) revealing the filling.
8. Brush the pastry with the remaining beaten egg and bake at for about 45
minutes until the pastry is golden and the filling is cooked through.
Pork/Bacon Recipes | General
Pork Prep & Cooking Times |