Traditional Swedish Meatballs
HT MC 40mins
The addition of soaked breadcrumbs
is essential for Swedish meatballs in order to achieve the soft close texture.
The use of a food processor to mix the ingredients can also aid this.
Hot Pork Beef Spices Main Course Sweden Europe
200g/7oz Minced Beef
200g/7oz Minced Pork
50g/2oz Fresh White Breadcrumbs
1 Onion, grated or very finely chopped
Salt and White Pepper
Ľ teasp Ground Allspice
Butter or oil for shallow frying
1. Soak the breadcrumbs in milk for about 5 minutes.
2. Place the meat, onion, egg, milk/breadcrumb mixture and the spices in a large
mixing bowl or in a food processor and blend to a soft consistency.
3. Using damp hands, shape the mixture into small meatballs about the size of
4. Heat the oil or butter (or a mixture) in a large frying pan until very hot
then add the meatballs, well spaced apart and brown over a high heat on all
sides. You may have to do this in two frying pans or in batches.
5. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes,
turning from time to time.
Traditionally served with a
cream sauce, Lingonberry jam and creamy mashed potatoes
Pork/Bacon Recipes |
More Meatball Recipes
Pork Preparation & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.